Don’t get us wrong, we love all our garage doors—steel, insulated, raised panels, with windows or without, white or wood. But there have been some trends over the years that have really got us excited. Whether you’re looking for modern, wood or something you can paint whatever color you can imagine, we’ve got the door.
Here are some of our favorite garage door trends:
- Faux Wood Garage Doors. Wooden garage doors can upgrade the curb appeal of your home but come with a hefty price tag. Faux wood garage doors can deliver the same stylish look for much less. They resemble wooden doors so closely, you’d be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the two. Faux wood doors are much easier to maintain than wooden garage doors as they never need to be painted or stained. Made out of fiberglass, faux wood doors won’t rot or rust no matter what Mother Nature throws at them. While faux wooden doors are slightly more expensive than steel garage doors, they cost far less than hardwood doors. This means you can purchase the stylish garage door of your dreams, even on a budget.
- Custom Overlays and Glass. These doors come in a wide variety of materials that allow you to achieve a one-of-a-kind look for your garage door, be it carriage or modern. The core for these doors is our durable, insulated steel, but the overlay includes wood or durable composite materials. Glass doors are a popular option for a variety of reasons: they look modern, offer plenty of light and have adjustable layouts. Glass options range from arched to square and from one row to a full-glass door. There are even glass door options that are frameless.
- Carriage House. Carriage house styles enhance the curb appeal of your home while providing superior thermal performance and durability. Wood Overlay Carriage House doors come in a variety of stained finishes: mahogany, walnut, oak, green, gray, clay, Honduran/mahogany and red oak. Steel Overlay Carriage House doors are available in a variety of painted finishes, including: white, gray, clay, green and two-town options with white trim boards.
- Aluminum Doors. Aluminum doors are sleek and sophisticated for today’s more contemporary-styled homes. They come in two models, 511 in a standard frame and 521 with a wide, heavy-duty frame. Clear Aluminum Finish doors are standard. But dark bronze and black anodized finishes are also available. Custom Powdercoat Finish doors are available in 200 powder coat color options to best match your home. Color samples are available by request through your local Overhead Door Distributor.
- Design Your Own Door. The Overhead Door of Sioux City and Yankton’s DoorView Visualizer makes quick work out of deciding what door will look best with the exterior of your house. It is an online visualization tool that allows you to upload a photo of your home and try on different door options. Think windows would add more appeal? You can try different styles and shapes to see which would best compliment your trim. Or maybe you’ve noticed the wood-look trend and wanted to see how that would look. It is possible with the DoorView Visualizer.
All of these great doors (and many more) are available at Overhead Door of Sioux City and Overhead Door of Yankton. Contact us for your free quote!