Does your vehicle have Homelink®? Ready to program it to your garage door and make some magic happen? Overhead Door of Sioux City and Overhead Door of Yankton detail exactly what you need to do to sync your vehicle with your garage door opener.
- Before you start, check out your vehicle's operation manual. Some vehicles may need to be running, or at least have the ignition on, in order to program the Homelink® receiver.
- Press the two outside buttons of the Homelink® system and hold them down until the LED starts to blink, which is your indication it's okay to let go.
- The next step is to pair one of the Homelink® buttons with your remote. To do this, you'll need to press and hold the desired Homelink® button at the same time you press and hold your garage door opener. Continue to hold until the Homelink® LED goes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. Congrats! Your Homelink® is now programmed.
- Now it's time to program your garage door opener. Find the Learn Code button on your garage door opener, which is usually located under the light cover or on the rear panel.
- Before you press that button, get ready. You will have about 30 seconds from the time you press the Learn Code button to get into your vehicle and press your programmed Homelink® button. Press the Homelink® button as you normally would, but several times (the fourth time is usually the charm). You'll know your system is operating correctly when the garage door responds to your Homelink®.
Since technology is supposed to save you time, That's why we created this instructional video on how to program your Homelink® system, so you can get in, out, and on with your life, one click at a time.
Want to increase your tech savviness?
Upgrade your garage door opener and pair it with OHD Anywhere.