How to Choose the Best Garage Door for Your Business
A commercial garage door is much different than a residential garage door. Where a residential garage door protects your home and looks great, commercial garage doors have other purposes.
Companies choose commercial garage doors based on many things. They consider functionality, energy efficiency, and the amount of maintenance required. Then there's industry and budget. For example, non-insulated rolling steel service doors are easy on the budget. Insulated steel or Thermacore® doors provide great energy efficiency. Businesses that have a small staff or don’t have employees onsite full-time might want to consider a door that they can feel secure about. Doors like a fire rated door or an aluminum glass commercial garage door provide great curb appeal. Here's a breakdown of commercial garage doors and what they can provide for your business.
Types of Commercial Garage Doors
- Aluminum Glass Doors: For service stations, fire stations, professional facilities, and retail environments. Aluminum sectional doors are an attractive solution for businesses where visual access, light infiltration, and aesthetics are key design considerations. These beautiful doors offer great curb appeal and allow natural light to your business space. These doors come in a variety of widths, glazing materials, track styles, and finish options. Sectional aluminum doors are practical, durable and engineered for long life, low maintenance and lasting beauty.
- High Speed Metal Doors: For warehouses, distribution centers, or manufacturing plants. High speed metal doors are a must for businesses that open and close their commercial garage doors several times a day. These doors have an open speed of up to 80-inches per second. This allows for work to get done quickly, while helping to maintain the temperature inside your business. High speed metal doors are also secure and look great. These doors have a springless design which means they’re low maintenance.
- Sectional Steel Doors: For heavy-duty commercial and industrial businesses with high traffic. Sectional steel doors are perfect for businesses that use heavy machinery or large vehicles. These durable doors are both reliable and affordable. Sectional steel doors come in a wide array of door panel profiles, track, and hardware. Specialized options to allow businesses to customize these doors to their specific project requirements. These doors come in 16- to 24-gauge steel and both insulated and non-insulated options.
- Fire Rated Doors: For commercial, industrial, institutional and retail projects like hotels, schools, hospitals and municipal buildings. Fire rated doors are designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or an alarm. These doors protect those inside and also prevent the fire from spreading. Rolling steel fire rated doors come in unusual opening sizes and a variety of styles. These doors are also available for counter applications and come with UL or FM labels for both masonry and non-masonry application.
- Thermacore® Doors: For businesses that demand the highest levels of thermal efficiency, air infiltration, and wind load resistance. The Thermacore® product line’s unique manufacturing process provides a CFC-free, fully encapsulated, foamed-in place panel which maintains R-value performance year round. Thermal breaks between internal and external skins, PVC thermal break and joint seal minimize air infiltration and provide one of the highest thermal efficiency ratings in the industry for specified applications.
Choosing a commercial garage door is a big decision. The door you choose must protect your business while working seamlessly and looking great. The experts at Overhead Door of Sioux City™ and Overhead Door of Yankton™ can help you choose the right door to meet all your business needs. Whether it is efficiency, maintenance or budget, we've got you covered. Contact us today.