Begin the great sort.
Now that you've read our Garage Organization Step #1, it's time to set the record straight. And by "record" we mean garage shelves, bins, hooks, totes, etc. We all know it's one thing to clear out the garage, but a completely different beast to organize it in such a way that it stays that way for more than a week. Or a day.
Luckily, there are many blogs and websites that are our favorite kind of obsessive-compulsive when it comes to garage organization. The list below includes links to pages that include budget-friendly solutions, creative hacks, and family-centered methods to make sure what hangs out in the garage stays there.
- Lilly at Listotic has 28 Brilliant Garage Organization Ideas that use ingenious tools, spaces, and storage containers. We love the magnetic strip idea!
- If you have a family, the garage storage pictures at MaryOrganizes.com are enough motivation. So. Much. Floor space.
- Put your handyman to work with this weekend garage storage shelving project. Two days, one wall of storage, infinite possibilities.
- Another great how-to from Family Handyman, here's how you can build your own garage storage ceiling rack without breaking the bank or your back.
- And this peg rail organizer is perfect when you have serious hang-ups about garage storage options.
The fact that the Internet has so many resources and solutions to this problem indicates just how important it is for homeowners to take back their garages from the clutter that seems to multiply on its own. Wrangle it properly, and you'll never have to worry about it again.
Need repairs? Have a question? Ask us.