Do you have one of the most cluttered garages in Siouxland?
We at Sioux City Door are calling 2015, "The Year of the Garage Door". We dedicate this and the following posts to all the vehicles who must weather January's cold and snow out on the driveways because their owners simply have too much stuff in their garages to shelter them.
We're here for you, snow-covered cars, just like we are here for our clients. And believe us, that's some dedication.
The first step in garage organization is often the hardest. It requires taking stock, letting go of items you've been keeping (even after years of forgetting you owned them), and spending significant time in a space you'd rather just walk through. We've gathered a ton of resources to help you figure out what to keep, what to donate, and what to toss.
- The folks at This Old House give you several reasons why organizing your garage is a good idea, even (and especially) when it's wintertime.
- If the project seems daunting, make a garage organization game plan. It will keep you focused and motivated when you can see your progress.
- This Better Home and Garden's advice? Pick a day to declutter your garage and get'r done.
- We have a ton of garage organization tips, right here at Sioux City Door. Like this one on How to Use Every Inch of Your Garage.
- Sometimes the best way to start is by sorting your garage items and then going from there. By sorting, you can more easily get rid of duplicates, broken and unused items, creating space.
When it comes to donating, some nonprofit organizations will even come to you. Call your local Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity offices for details.
Need repairs? Have a question? Ask us.